Helping Your Child Get Through Your Divorce With Positive Parenting
By Teresa Trower LMHC
Are you divorced, divorcing, or planning a divorce?
Are you concerned about possible negative effects on your child?
Do you wish there was a roadmap to help you empower your children?
This course is designed for you if you are either divorced, planning to divorce, or simply want to empower your child to deal with the changes that face divorced families. It is not, however, a course for children.
As a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and former Elementary school Guidance Counselor, I've seen firsthand what helps, as well as what hurts kids when it comes to divorce. Because I know you want the absolute best for your children, I want to share this information.
By following the simple rules offered in this course, your child's self-esteem will not only remain intact but continue to grow. Divorce doesn't have to be a devastating event for your child. Yes, there are changes to adapt to, but I know that what's really important to you, as a parent, is your child's confidence, happiness, and ultimate success.
After completing the course, you will:
1) Know the behaviors that are most damaging to your child.
2) Understand the benefits of getting along with your ex.
3) Have the tools to prevent or reduce your child's anxiety.
4) Appreciate the enormity of your impact as your child's primary role model.
5) Know what to share with your child as well as what not to share.
6) Learn how to best handle dating and re-marriage with your child.
8) Know whether your child is an introvert or an extrovert and how to manage his or her individual needs.
9) Be aware of the values you wish to pass on to your child.
By taking this course, you'll have the skills and knowledge to foster high self-esteem in your child, as well as the peace of mind that comes with knowing you're taking positive action in your child's best interest. This is a basic course and does not take the place of therapy.
The course consists of 8 short animated videos. The video content takes 33 minutes to complete. The only materials necessary will be a desktop or laptop computer.
Teresa Trower LMHC
The only requirement is that you're divorced or going through a divorce and you have children.